Thursday, September 15, 2016

Project Blog: Cell Wars 9/18

https://tackk.com/3yp3jx
Summary:
During this Cell Wars project, I learned specific information about the Cytoplasm. Including the structure of the Cytoplasm, how the Cytoplasm functions, how the structure of Cytoplasm affects it's function, and how Cytoplasm aids the other organelles. In addition, I also learned a little about the structure and function of the other organelles as the other groups presented their videos. As I researched information about Cytoplasm's structure, I learned that Cytoplasm is the colorless jelly like substance that fills the cell outside of the nucleus. While researching the function of Cytoplasm I learned, that Cytoplasm is responsible for keeping the shape of the cell and keeping all of the organelles in place. I also learned that because Cytoplasm contains all of the organelles and cell parts, it is responsible for moving information and materials from one organelle to another. Lastly, I learned that Cytoplasm aids the other organelles by supplying them with the chemicals they need to function properly. In addition, I learned that Cytoplasm provides a place for the other organelles to move around and carry out their functions.

Backward-Looking:
I didn't know much about the relationship between cells and organelles before we started. I only had some information of cells from previous grade levels. For example, in fifth grade I learned a little bit about what cells do and how all organisms are made up of them. So, I only really knew about cells because of the information I gathered throughout the years This information came from either school, the internet, or from my very own family and friends.

Inward-Looking
I feel great about my team and I's finished outcome of this project. There isn't really one particular part that I especially like because I really liked both the video and the smears my team and I came up with. What I enjoyed about the video was that it contained all of the information that was needed, including the structure, the function, how the structure affects the function, and why the organelle is so crucial to the survival of the cell, while still being humorous and entertaining. For the smears, I liked how creative my team and I were with how we decided to smear the other teams and the information we included. However, I particularly disliked the posters my team and I made because although all of the key information was included, I wish that we were more creative with the design of the posters. In addition, for the video I wish we talked a bit louder so the audience could hear us clearly. I enjoyed how each piece of work we put into this project had all of the key information that was needed.

Outward-Looking
My team and I didn't do the work exactly the way others did theirs. We did our work a bit differently because we made sure we got all of the information we needed first. Then we focused on the posters, having some members work on the design and other members transfer the right information on each poster. Next we brainstormed and worked out what we would do for the video. While writing the script of our video, we focused on the smears. While this was our process, other groups decided to have some members research while others planned out the posters and video. As they did this they would also post smears throughout the process. In addition, other groups would focus on the smears first before anything else. Our processes were however similar because we got the same work done and some groups also focused on the research and posters first, just as we did.

Forward-Looking
If I had the chance to do this piece over again, I would definitely make sure to be more creative with the poster. I would try to put more effort in the design of the poster. Also, I would make sure that all of my team and myself speak very loud and clear while filming. This way the audience can understand what we are saying during the video. This is very important because if the audience doesn't know what you are saying, they won't know what information you put in the video and most likely will think that you didn't include the information at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment