Saturday, September 10, 2016

If there was no Cytoplasm 9/11

http://images.tutorvista.com/cms/images/123/cytoplasm-animal-cell.PNG
Have you ever wondered what would happen to the cell if there was no Cytoplasm? Well simply, without the cytoplasm the cell wouldn't be able to survive. This is because the Cytoplasm keeps the cell and the organelles functioning. The Cytoplasm provides a place where the organelles can travel where they need to be to perform their functions. So without the Cytoplasm, the organelles wouldn't be able to move around and carry out their functions. In addition, since Cytoplasm allows communication through the organelles, materials and information wouldn't be able to pass from one organelle to another without the Cytoplasm. Also, Cytoplasm is responsible for supplying the organelles with chemicals they need to function and without it the organelles wouldn't function properly. So basically without the Cytoplasm, all the other organelles wouldn’t be able to function, and without the function of all the organelles, the cell would shut down and die.

S&EP - SP7: Engaging in argument from evidence
I used evidence to defend my explanation. I answered the question, "How is Cytoplasm crucial to the survival of the cell?", providing information that my team and I researched as evidence. I formulated evidence based on solid data when I stated that without the cytoplasm the cell wouldn't be able to survive, using the information that my group and I found as evidence. I examined my own understanding in light of the evidence. I used to think that Cytoplasm wasn't as important to the cell as other organelles, but because of researching more about what would happen to the cell if the Cytoplasm was gone, now I think that the cell definitely wouldn't survive without the Cytoplasm. I collaborated with my peers in searching for the best explanation. I did some research on what would happen to the cell if there was no Cytoplasm, which I discussed with my group. Together we figured out that without the Cytoplasm, the organelles wouldn't be able to function, and because of this, the cell would shut down and die.

XCC: Structure and Function
The cell supports the Cytoplasm by giving the Cytoplasm and the other organelles a home and a place to function. There are no other organelles that can serve the same function as Cytoplasm. The relationship of the cell and the cytoplasm is very similar to others I have learned about because, just like other structures and functions, without the function (Cytoplasm), the structure (cell) wouldn't be able to survive. I think that understanding the relationship between Cytoplasm and the cell and how the cell would react if there was no cytoplasm could help me "rule the world" by giving me some specific information about Structure and function of the cytoplasm and cell. This information could especially help me in the future if I decide to become a cell biologist when I grow up.

No comments:

Post a Comment