Monday, February 12, 2018

Forces 2/11

http://s3-ap-southeast-1.amazonaws.com/subscriber.images/physics/2016/06/14051038/Force.jpg
Forces can change the speed of something, the direction it is moving in, or its shape. A force can be a push or pull on an object. For example when you push a door open, you need to apply force to the door. In addition when you pull open a drawer, you need to apply force to the drawer. Balanced forces is when two forces acting on an object are equal in size but act in opposite directions. For example if the force of a rope is pulling a crate up and the weight of the crate is pulling the crate down at the same force, this is a balanced force. Unbalanced force is when two forces acting on an object are not equal in size. For instance, when someone is pushing a table with more force than the person who is pushing the table in the opposite direction. When two or more forces are acting on an object at once, the result is the combination of forces or combining forces. When two forces are acting in the same direction, the net force is the sum of the two individual forces and the object will move in the direction of the forces applied. When two unequal forces are acting in opposite directions, the net force is the difference between the two individual forces and the object will move in the direction applied by the larger force. Finally, when two equal forces are acting in opposite directions, the forces cancel each other out and the object will not move.

S&EP - SP1: Asking questions and defining problems

I formulate testable questions when I read over the "Forces" document that I was assigned to complete. On this document, there were questions that I needed to answer about forces. I established what is already known about forces by answering the questions that I knew the answer to. Once I found the answer to each question, I wrote the answer. I determine what questions have yet to be answered when I went over the document and figured out what questions I hadn't answered yet. I read over these unanswered questions and did my best to find information in order to answer them. I defined constraints and specifications for a solution as I realized that certain questions on this document required information that wasn't stated in the provided videos or articles. These certain questions needed to be answered with my own knowledge on the topic.

No comments:

Post a Comment